We were privileged to have our tour of Bunjil Place Library led by the very passionate Library Manager, Nilupa Mahanama on 15th November 2018. This amazing Library has recently celebrated its 1st birthday and not surprisingly the number of patrons continues to increase.
If you missed this then never fear, we went live on Facebook so go there, request to join the group and enjoy the VIP tour virtually!
Some interesting facts about the Libray include the following:
- On average, 1200-1500 patrons visit each day and the Library is open every day of the week. Weekdays from 9am to 9pm. And weekends from 10am to 5pm.
- 115,000 of residents in the Casey-Cardinia municipalities have Library membership but the true figure would be higher as many families share one card.
- The Library team is working at building Library membership and aims to respond to the needs of its clientele.
- Library team collects data with the help of various systems on all resources in the collection and any items not used are rotated within other branches of Casey Cardinia Libraries.
- The Library has books, DVDs, magazines in various community languages (not just English) and responds to needs of each group.
- The Library has a number of free clubs, including craft, manga, conversation and book clubs. Library also provide books for Book Clubs (costs $100) a year.
- There are no overdue fees but if a book isn’t returned you can’t borrow until it is returned or renewed.
At the conclusion of our very interesting tour of these amazing space and facility, we adjourned to a meeting room for a delicious afternoon tea (kindly provided by Susan La Marca). We will be back so save the dates as listed below!
2019 Meeting Suggestions TBC
Term 1 – Monday 18th March 2019 – Beaconhills College, Berwick Campus College
Term 2 – Tuesday 11th June 2019 – Rivercrest Christian College
Term 3 – Wednesday 11th September 2019 – Kambrya Secondary College (TBC)
Term 4 – Thursday 21st November 2019 – Bunjil Library Meeting Room
Save the date: 29th March 2019 Ross Todd to speak at the SLAV Conference!!!!!! YES!
Happy reading and Merry Christmas!